Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Unfortunate Day

An unfortunate day yet again in KL. Only this time, I went to KLCC by myself. Here's what happened last night. I followed my parents and sister to KL as they were going to watch a play at Istana Budaya, so they just dropped me off at KLCC as I had to go and buy my friend's birthday present. Oh boy, you have no idea how much trouble it was to get the gift. First, I didn't bring any cash with me so I thought I'd just withdraw some money from the ATM but, out of all the days my card had to have some error during that time so I couldn't withdraw from any of the ATM machines over in KLCC. Then, I took a cab from KLCC to Istana Budaya to get some money from my sis. Ironically, I went to her to get some money when I spent about RM40 on the cab fare to go there and back to KLCC.

After that fiasco, I went to buy the gift and thankfully, it was on a 20% discount sale so that was a relief. When that was done with, I had to wait for my family to finish with their play. They said it'd finish at 10.30pm, so I thought okay, I'll just wait and read my books at Burger King. I bought some ice cream from there and that costed another RM3. Fine. Then, BK was closing as it was already 10.20pm and still no call or anything from my family. So, I had to change location and move to another place. Then I thought okay, let's wait at DOME since their going to be here soon and it's raining already. To sit at DOME apparently I have to buy something from them and as I didn't eat my dinner yet, I'll just have their apple squash or something which costed almost RM14. Great.

DOME then closed at 11.15pm and still no calls from my family. So then I just sat out in the rain waiting for them, not spending another dime as I'm already broke as it is. Finally at 11.45pm, they picked me up from KLCC. What a long night that was. And I was only planning to buy the gift at KLCC and do nothing else which would have taken only like, 10 minutes at most I think? 

Seriously! Have your family ever ditched you until it reached to that extent before?

No comments:

Post a Comment