Saturday, March 28, 2009

Confessions of a Shopaholic (2009) Movie Review


Rated as the number one anticipated movie by all shoppers, this comedic movie directed by P.J. Hogan proved to be a worthwhile movie to watch. My first impression when I first saw the trailer was the lead actress who looked at first I thought was Amy Adams of Enchanted. When I heard her speak, I knew then that it was a different actress. Also, when I looked at her more closely, she looked a little different compared to Amy Adams, as she looked smaller to me.

The movie tells the story of a shopaholic journalist named Rebecca Bloomwood (played by Isla Fisher) who is drawn to a store and buy just about anything like a moth to a flame. One day, her addiction got the best of her when all 12 of her credit cards had been reached to its maximum limit and the magazine that she was working for had gone to bankruptcy causing her to be in a big credit card debt. But that doesn't stop her from shopping for things though.

That was only the starting of the movie. I won't tell you the whole story as it would just kill off your anticipations. But still it's a good movie to watch if you have the urge to shop till you drop for things that you don't really need. It really hits you at the spot with all the things said within the movie which is true to most of us.

It has a lot, and I mean a lot of comedy within it as well as some serious moments. Although there are parts of it which is quite cliché, still it was good. I especially liked how desperate the people were when there was a sale going on. It was really hilarious especially the part with the frozen credit card. There were a few touching moments as well, mostly near the end, as any comedy/chick flick movie would have.

Overall the movie was great. It won't win a number one spot to me, but still it was good. One thing that I still don't understand was why this movie was rated PG13. There wasn't really much things that would be inappropriate for children unlike some U movies that I've seen. Heck, there wasn't even any love scenes within the movie! I'd give it a 3.3 out of 5 star rating. There were some eye-opening values to shopaholics everywhere portrayed within the movie so that's good for all you shoppers out there who can't control yourself. I'd say go and watch it when you can with some friends, especially if you're a shopaholic. This is the ideal movie for you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment