Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Migraines

I hate having migraines. It's so annoying. Feels as if someone is hammering my head away with a giant steel hammer on an anvil. I had a rather nasty one today. It started in the afternoon and is still going on right now actually. As if the migraine wasn't already bad enough, I'm going through some emotional bomb this month which makes my migraines a whole lot worse than it already is. I wish this thing would just go away but unfortunately for me, it's hereditary so I'm stuck with it for God knows how long.

So far, only a few techniques seem to be working for me to lessen the pain. One is staying away from any bright lights which is a seriously hard thing to do in college as almost every spot have at least a dozen of lights above it. Second is staying away from crowds which is another hard thing to do as most of my usual hangout places are crowded. So in order to avoid the crowds, I mostly stay outside the building or in one of the secluded areas in college. Third is by doing something that relaxes you, which in my case was listening to music. I usually blast my music to max volume when it gets really bad so that I can ignore the pain and focus only on the music. It actually works, but some of my friends are worried that I would be going deaf soon.

Time to go and do some work before I try and go off to dreamland, see ya people.

No comments:

Post a Comment