Monday, March 2, 2009

Bowling

Bowling use to be my favorite past time when I was around 7 years old. Mostly because it was a family night sort of thing. We'd occasionally play bowling with each other to have fun and bond. My dad was the best bowler in the family at the time and I'd always try to beat his score. I was the third best bowler next to my mom. 

He set the bar at 246 points in a game, and my best at the time was still only 160. But, after my dad died, the family night just stopped. I still continued playing bowling occasionally with some of my cousins or by myself, but my family never got together to play it again. I tried to beat my dad's score until I was 12, but the highest I could go was 193. When I started high school, I lost interest in playing bowling as well. For the past 6 years, I've only bowled about, 3-4 times when my cousins or my friends ask me to come along.

Part of me wished that I didn't stop bowling and continued, but the other part of me didn't want to continue without my idol. Maybe when I see him up there, we'll have a bowling competition again like we used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment