Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hostility

Well today started really... bad. I'm still a little, okay maybe a lot angry right now. Someone made me really really pissed for the past few days and that anger made my mood very hostile towards others around me. I stayed away from everyone early in the morning so that I wouldn't throw a tantrum to them. That at least worked until I could calm myself and control my emotions better infront of other people.

Anger is never a good emotion. It can cloud your judgement and change your attitude towards others. I learn that the hard way from a long time before. I lost my temper before back then and said some cruel things to a friend of mine who did nothing but bumped into me by accident. It was many years ago, but it's still stuck in my head and to this person, it's kind of late but I'm sorry for what I said back then.

When you're frustrated, you can't focus on your work at times. But in my case, I can usually do work even more if no one bothers me that moment as I was in no mood to socialize with anyone either. Of course, I'd still be angry when I did it but at least I'm not doing nothing at all. My lecturer and friends in class were surprise to see me read my notes extensively and not entertain any of them. I spent my time studying today, and focused on it a lot. That is of course, lasted only in the morning when I was in a very hostile mood. When it reached afternoon, I managed to surpress it from my friends and not blow up on them. And when that happened, I decided to socialize with them instead of focusing on my work.

Lesson learnt. When you're in a state of rage, it's best to stay away from everyone until you can control your emotions infront of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment