Friday, January 16, 2009

Updating on since New Years!

Hello people!

I'm rushing this now is because I'm in my csc class right now and reason for me writing over here is because as you all know, my internet connection at home sucks!!! And this is the only time I can actually write something. Right now we're having lab so we can just play around with the computer or start on our assignments. Starting on our assignment right now just doesn't feel right as today we're going to have the last day of INTIMA Week and Orientation night right after that. So yeah, celebrating mood!

Anyway, starting back from New Years. I basically spent my New Years like I always do which is just sitting in the house and watching movies by myself. Didn't even bother to look at the fireworks. I don't know, New Years just never had much impact on me. It's just another day like any other, just the beginning of the year. Most people say it's a sad way to spent New Years but I like it I guess.

Moving on to Orientation Day on the 3rd of Jan, now that was a busy day! I suddenly got myself to be a student helper in Orientation Day just as I reach college. Okay... But it was enjoyable to see and welcome all the new students as well as the old ones. I have to say that the music from Miss Azian's slide was awesome! She put in the song 'Supermassive Black Hole' by Muse.

During Orientation Day, Ed Board was busy as well. Our 2 month holiday seems more like our working days in Ed Board ahaha! On Orientation Day, we released our 4th Issue of the INTI Insider which I think it's the best one yet! Although I didn't write anything in it because I can't seem to write so well nowadays... Whole different story that I can't say. Anyway, our principal Miss Yuen was very impressed by our effort. She even thought that the newsletter was done by professionals because of the names ahahaha! Things are looking up for Ed Board now as we're getting well-known around college.

Now onwards to the first days of class. I'm taking History 2, Politics, Computer Science andMacro Econs again. Yeah, my macro econs was C- and in my program the passing grade is at least a C so I have to retake it. Sigh... Well this time we have a different lecturer and here teaching style is quite different than the previous so we'll see how it turns out. History and politics I'm sorry to say but kill me! Literally almost always fell asleep during the classes. It's just so... boring? And I have the same lecturer for both subject. Killer. Half the class fell asleep during her lectures. Then there's Computer Science which seems to be going okay so far. The lecturer is quite a cool guy and somehow I got elected to be Class Rep for CSC. Wow, and right now the Class Rep is blogging during class hahahahaa! But he's fine with it since it's lab. No one's actually doing anything besides playing games, studying some other subjects, and looking at airplane fairs ahahhaa!

Classmates this semester seems to be really really good for me as I have JC, Jean, Han Sen, Winna and Winni in CSC, Jean, Daryl, YQ, Ganesh, Utee, Judith and her cousin in Macro Econs, Lik Pang, Alexis, Shaza, Suzanne and Winna in politics, JC, Alexis, Naomi and Yoyo Jonathan for history. Yay! Friends in all my classes~!

Fast forward to INTIMA Week. This semester Ed Board is doing really good for INTIMA Week this time hahahaa! Some of the clubs didn't bother to decorate their boards though. Ed Board's board is quite interesting as we have a post-it wall where everyone can just write whatever they want and paste it on the wall. Viv and me are having a post-it war! We're arguing on who's better, David Archuleta or Cook. I support Archuleta so people! Lend me your power to defeat the Cookers!!! ... Back to topic, Ed Board's got some new members signing up already ahahha!

We have a meeting this Wednesday (21st Jan 2009) at 2-4pm in the INTI new building at LVL4-R105 where everyone is free to come and have a look at what Ed Board does. It's not compulsary for you to join us right away though. You can just come to the meeting and just think about it and decide for yourself if you want to join us. No membership fee. So do come and see for yourself how we operate in Ed Board eh heh!

Anyway, that's all for now since class is about to end ahaha! After this I'm going to try and find a place to photocopy the politics book I borrowed from Shaza so I can study for the test next week or else I'm so screwed for the test! Yay~! Hopefully the last day of INTIMA Week which is today goes well and the Orientation Night as well. A few people seem to think that it's going to be a disaster so I hope their wrong and all goes well.

Class is over so got to go now. See ya next time peepz!

No comments:

Post a Comment