Wednesday, January 28, 2009

First Timer in Low Yat

Hey people,

It's a few days earlier but since it's the holidays and I'm free at the moment, I'll update the bloggy now ahaha!

Okay so this story happened last saturday. LP was going to KL again and asked if I wanted to tag along again. Of course I said yes! Back to the heavenly book place! And I remembered to bring some money with me this time eh heh.

Before we went to KLCC again though, he wanted to pick something up at Low Yat so we went there first. As it goes~ Another trip to KL with the notorious indirectional LP proved to be entertaining ahahaha! But this time he remembered the road a little so we didn't get totally lost like the last time. The road was strangely jam around the Low Yat area and neither of us had a clue as to why it was so packed on a saturday afternoon nearing Chinese New Year.

Anyways, we reached Low Yat after about... less than an hour I think from college. It was the first time I was in Low Yat as I was never the type to get out of the house until I started college. Never did I imagined there'd be such bargains and look-alike items being sold there! I heard the stories before but I didn't believe it until I saw it! ... Okay, I sound like a hill billy right now aren't I?

Moving on! We met with one of LP's friend over there who's an expert in all the techy stuff's prices. He could even get for us some discounts over there ahah! The original plan was to spend only about 30 minutes tops at Low Yat and move on to the bookstore at KLCC. But we spent almost 3 hours over there as LP was looking for a camera.


He finally settled on a cheaper camera as we looked all around for a nice price for the camera he wanted to buy originally but it was all too expensive. The camera he bought was a... Nikon D80 I think. Not really sure of the spelling. Anyways, it wasn't cheap. That camera basically costs about 3 and a half months of my allowance so yeah, scary.

After he bought the camera, we had a quick bite of a late lunch and ran straight to KLCC to the bookstore. Yay! We weren't there for long though as it was getting a little late and LP had to go home early. I think this time we spent less than an hour in the bookstore. I got myself 3 books this time which I'm so going to read once I've cleared a few things in my head.

LP and I both agreed on the fact that we're broke so no more Starbucks and Subways for 2-3 months ahahah! Now it's time to get back home and we followed the signboard this time so we didn't get lost but the toll costs more than the road we took when we were lost the last time. So getting lost sometimes can actually save you money ahahah! Next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment