Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chinese New Years' at Charlene's House

First day of Chinese New Year, I went to Charlene's house to celebrate as she invited me last week. Elvin was invited as well so I didn't feel completely like an outcast over there as I didn't know anyone. She first told us to come at 1pm but being the early bird that I am, I came an hour earlier. Actually I came and hour and a half earlier to be exact. I spent the first 30 minutes sitting at the bus stop listening to my MP3 Player as I didn't want to arrive too early.

When my phone stroked 12, I left the bus stop and walked to her house. When I first arrived, there was quite a few of her family already there celebrating the new year so I really, really felt out of place over there. Of course, Charlene was there and we talked until Elvin arrived which was around... 1.30pm I think. Yay! A familiar face! Now I didn't feel like I was the only outsider ahahah!

Elvin was dressed completely different than what we usually see him in college. Charlene and I were in shock as we saw a complete stranger ahahaha! Anyways, the 3 of us were cam-whoring for a little while, waiting for Mr. Perak to arrive ahaha! That's the nickname of Charlene's BF that we all used.


When he arrived, we were all hanging out talking and doing somemore cam-whoring until more of Charlene's family arrived. Then, it was time for the lion dance performance to take place. It was kind of hot. Hot as in the fans were all turned off and there was no wind blowing in the house at all. We were all sweating and dehydrating inside that oven!

Anyways, when the lion dance was over, most of her family had gone home. We started playing some card games like blackjack, cho tai ti (not sure if that's how you spell it) and one of my favorite card games of all, snap/spit! Charlene and I played this game until it scared Elvin and Chee Yong (Mr. Perak) apparently as we were playing it too violently according to them. For your information that was just a warm up. Both of us hadn't even started playing seriously yet!


After the game ended and Chee Yong left with his family, the 3 of us just started talking about all kinds of stuffs until it was time for me and Elvin to go home. We left at around 6.15pm I think. Oh yeah forgot to mention, Ang paus!!! I got a lot of ang pau collecting from her house ahahaha! Anyways, nothing more to write for now. I got some birthday present shopping to do this Saturday... I'm such a sucker when it comes to friend's birthday presents I always go overboard with them. For February I have at least... 3 presents to get I think since some of them aren't in my area. The cheapest present I got for a friend before was a Starbucks Coffee and a piece of cake from Starbucks so yeah, I'm so going to be broke. Until next time, see ya peepz!

No comments:

Post a Comment