Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Halloween Birthday!

Hey there people~

So sorry I haven't posted anything new for about a week. Been kinda busy with exams and being depressed about some stupid stuffs. Anyway~ Today is a special day as it is my birthday! Wooo! So no negative comments on this! Ahaha!

Well first off, my birthday is on the 1st of November but I had my macro econs exam today (Friday) which was right before my birthday... Halloween! Yay~ I've decided from the beginning of this sem that I would have dressed up during Halloween regardless of exams or whatever people might think of me. Probably think that I lost my mind but who cares! It would have been my Halloween night to remember!

Unfortunately, the day started really crappy. First off, I arrived at college early in the morning not realizing that today was Halloween. Secondly, I saw my macro econs lecturer and she said that the coursework marks are online now. I rushed straight to a computer in AUP to find out how I did on my coursework. I was shocked that I scored below 40% out of the 60% coursework marks. Apparently my mid term marks were screwing my whole coursework. I couldn't believe that was my mid term mark. So, I went straight to the big boss (my lecturer) to ask if there was a mistake on my mid term marks as I did the make-up test which I thought I did pretty well.

When I found her finally in SOBIZ, I asked if there was any possible mistake for the marking and she took the paper and examined it. When she came back with the paper and told me there wasn't a mistake in the grade, the shock just got to me. I was literally so stunned by it that I couldn't ask her why my marks were so low. She told me to forget about this mid term mark, and focus on the exam that I would be having in a few hours.

I left SOBIZ with such feelings of despair. I couldn't believe it at all... And from then on, fear of the future took over. I was starting to get worried that what if I wouldn't be able to pass macro econs subect. That would mean I have to repeat this subject just as I have to repeat my calc and bio. With all those thoughts in my mind, I couldn't focus on studying at all. And so, I went and seek advice from Miss Khor in the AUP office.

The AUP Office was still under renovation and so it was pretty noisy in there. There were a few people there either chatting away after finishing their exams or just hanging out. I talked to Miss Khor about my dilemma and she told me to try and focus on my exams that I will be having in just a few hours. Go and find one of my friends and ask them to give me a crash course on how to answer the structure questions well.

I then took her advice and asked Shaza to help me out with studying for it. Shaza was being quite a good tutor but then there wasn't enough time for us to cover everything and she had to do her own revisions so I took my leave and tried to study myself. It worked for awhile, but then I was feeling too tired and scared at the same time so I went to AUP office to see whoever is there. LP was there studying for the exam so I didn't want to disturb him. Edison and Den were there looking up on universities and the subjects they wanted to take next sem. I hung out with them for awhile and help them a little bit here and there to relieve myself from the stress.

After revising for the last time, I went in to do the test. The test was, to me, scary on the structure questions as I have no idea if what I wrote was actually correct. I'm so scared that I have to repeat this subject if I don't get at least half of the final paper's marks. When the exam was over and done with at 7pm, everyone was like screaming in stress and just felt very worried on how they did. As for me, well, you know how it goes.

I went down to the first floor and this was the part when I started feeling much better. Quite a lot of people wished me happy birthday in advance and I felt like wow, thanks! Then JC and Tuan Tynn wanted to kidnap me and take me to Sunway Pyramid to celebrate my birthday ahhha! JC was building up his accomplices by asking everyone who was there to join in the fun. I was really surprised by just having all of them wished me happy birthday, let alone a group of people taking me to go out and celebrate! It was just what I needed to cure myself from feeling depress over macro econs.

The original plan was to go eat dinner and watch a movie at the Pyramid, but it changed in the middle of it. LP was driving me, Shaza and her friend to the Pyramid and the rest were going there by different cars. However, we somehow got lost in communication and we went the opposite way of Sunway Pyramid ahahaha! And after that we took a few detours around the ss18 and ss14 area. Was kinda fun sight-seeing around the place! When we arrive at the Pyramid, it was time to hunt down a parking spot. It was so packed, we had to go all the way up to the roof to get a car park spot. After that, we went out to find the rest of the gang. They were all sitting at Carl's Jr. restaurant already and was waiting for their food. LP had been there before I think so he led the way. But then... we got lost again ahahaha! So we just read from the directory and walked there like mindless zombies.

When we arrived at Carl's Jr. everyone called out to us and said things like "Finally!" or "You guys so slow la!". It was my first time to eat at this place, so I had no idea on what to order. The burgers were like really really huge. I think it was like, triple the size of a McDonald's burger. JC was saying something like, as a birthday present I'll be your b**** for tonight ahahaha! After awhile, Han Sen and Jonathan came to join us. It was so fun just hanging out with friends and eating at a nice atmosphere. Before we were about to leave, they all sang to me a happy birthday song which was a little bit funny and embarrassing. But I'm still happy they did that for me haha! Right after that, we had a competition to see who can splurt out the ketchup from their packets by clunching them with only one hand. I and JC tried a combined effort, but we failed miserably. Shaza on the other hand was successful and the thing went out like a bomb under the table! We were all looking at it and it was like a work of art ahahahaha! Of course, we cleaned the mess right after that.

We were on our way to go and see the movie already, but then we cancelled it since it was gonna start at like, 11pm++ and everyone was going home around that time. So instead, we spent the next 2 hours in the arcade playing all kinds of games ahahaha! JC was showing me this game called parapara and it looked so cool! Apparently he's an expert in it ahhaha! Han Sen on the other hand, ruled the dancing games. Wow, learn something new about everyone everyday hahaha! When it was time for everyone to leave, Shaza, Han Sen and Jonathan was singing happy birthday to me in, I think was 4 different languages? That was so hilarious ahahahah! We were acting like a couple of drunkards on the rooftop ahahaha!

After that, LP sent me home and drove off to send JC and Tuan Tynn back. An hour later, a lot of people started wishing my happy birthday ahaha! First one to wish me an official happy birthday at 12am was Edison hahaha! and after that the messages in my phone, msn and facebook just kept rolling in hahaha! I'm like, so touched that everyone wished me a happy birthday. Around 12.20am, JC and Tuan Tynn called me to wish me a happy birthday officially hahahah! Their the first to call me to say that. Then I cut my wooden-log-shaped cake that my family got for me and opened my presents! The first gift I got was a brand new handphone which had the most loudest volume I've had in any of my phones so far. The rest of the gifts were kind of a miscommunication between my sis and my mom. My mom thought I wanted a ps2, which I already have but has died after 6 years of service to me. So, she bought me a full ps2 set, a ps2 bag and a tv for my room that she said would arrive tomorrow (Saturday). Then I told her, whoa why so extravagant! I only asked to get me either a semi-acoustic guitar, a psp or a brand new handphone which I got. And so she told me if I wanted the psp. I said yeah, and asked her to return all those really really expensive stuff back to the store. She said that I'm really really insane to return all those gifts (except the phone) for a psp. Then I said, I'm weird~ deal with it! Ahahaha!

And so that was my Halloween birthday ahahaha! You know, I realized that it was Halloween only when me and the others were on our way back from the Pyramid. Aww man, no dress up! Oh well~ There's always next year! Thanks everyone for giving me the best birthday I've had so far and also thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday! Goodnight all!

No comments:

Post a Comment