Monday, November 10, 2008

Multi Posting starts! Internet Connection...

Hey everyone,

It's been more than a week since my last post and I am very sorry about that. I've had some problems with my internet connection recently and its really annoying as I cant do anything on my laptop without it.

As the title says, to make up for the posts that I've missed so far, I'm going to be writing multiple posts today! Internet connection courtesy of the AUP office and Starbucks ahahaha! My first post for today ( which is this ) is about my internet connection.

Let me tell you the very interestingly annoying story. I've been using the streamyx broadband for more than 4 years already and its been great so far. Suddenly last month, they cut off the line at my house. Their reason being was that we hadn't paid our bill yet. This was weird to me as we pay the bill like, every month?

So then we asked them how much is the bill left? They told us RM929.69 (somewhere around this amount). Thats just ridiculous as we paid every month so it's impossible for the bill to reach that high right? That amount is like as if we didn't pay them for about a year. They told us if we wanted the connection back, we have to show them proof that we paid the bill. This means that they want to see the resits for the past 2 years. Stupid isn't it? Especially since most of our old resits are already thrown away or lost somewhere as it takes a lot of space.

My mom decided to just forget about streamyx and we went ahead to get a new one. My mom got me the maxis broadband thing which was supposedly x4 faster than the streamyx line. When I heard that, of course I went "Woo hoo!". But when I tried it out, it was way, way slower than the streamyx line. It so totally crushed the dream. My mom asked the company and they said that their changing the server and that's why the connection is slow right now. It will take about one month for them to finish up. I literally went, " . . ." when I heard that. The end of my internet connection ranting! Posts might be going slow if I don't go to either AUP office or Starbucks to write them.

No comments:

Post a Comment