Monday, November 10, 2008

Council Camp 2008! Day 1

Okay, now for a long post! I'm going to tell you the story about council camp! No pictures yet though. I'll put up the pictures on a different post later on. Anyway for those of you who don't know what council camp is, it's basically a camping trip organized by the INTIMA Exco's (which is the student council of INTI College). Those who get to go to the camp are either the leaders of all the clubs in INTI and/or a representative of the club chosen by the leader of that particular club.

This time, there were around 30+ people who went for the camp including the Exco's and our camp advisors, Mr. Amir and Kak Shima. LP is part of the Exco's but he couldn't go because he had a medical check-up. So I think 8 of the Exco's went for the camp. Anyway, at least more than half of the people who went for the camp are people that I already know which is seriously good news for me! I'm terrible at making new friends... Believe it or not is up to you ahahah!

On the first day, we had to reach college by 7.00am since the bus leaves for the camp at about 8.00am. As we gathered at the concourse, it started raining heavily. Some people hadn't reach yet so we couldn't leave at 8.00am which sets back our planned schedules. We left the college at 8.30am I think. The bus trip was kinda fun I guess but after 30 minutes everyone fell asleep.

For our camp, we will be staying at the Kalumpang Resort at Hulu Selangor so the trip took about 2 hours. When we reached the housing areas, the bus stopped. We couldn't travel there any further on the bus so we thought, wait... we have to walk the rest of the way with all our stuffs?! Thankfully no. The resort sent two jips/trucks to pick us up along with our stuffs (duh). The ride to the resort was really fun as we all squeezed in with each other at the back of the truck and enjoyed the scenery and wind ahaha!

After reaching to the resort, we headed for the hall to get ourselves organized. We were about to be divided into four teams of either Red, Yellow, Blue or Green colour. Sounds a little Harry Potterish right? Ahahah! Anyways~ I was in the green team along with Shaza, Frederick, Chin Aik, Kiet, Cezalynn, Alex and Kak Shima. After the groups were set, we had to choose the cabin to live in. Of course, guys with guys and girls with girls cabin style. So, I picked to be in Benny's cabin ahaha!

At first, Ben and I thought we got this cabin for ourselves, as it had 8 beds ready to be used. The only downside was the toilet which had ants all over the place. Then Joshan told us that this wasn't our cabin and we were to stay with them at their cabin on the other side. Counting me and Ben, 7 of us lived inside the 8-bedded cabin.

When everything was settled with the cabins and stuffs, it was time for us to go back to the hall to play some team games. The first game we played was Charades! Yay! But it was a little bit different and harder. My team went last out of the 4 teams. I was to be the one to act out first and see if my team can guess it. The topic was movie and I think the answer was The World is not enough. I tried acting it out to my other members and most of them were stumped at what I was trying to say. Luckily Shaza, who is also our groups leader managed to guess it correctly as she was randomly saying all these movie names. Our team were in the lead because of that ahahah!

It was time for lunch after that game and before we went for our lunch, Joshan, who is the head of the camp gave us a white cloth, a pvc pipe and some markers and told us to make a flag, name our group and come up with a cheer by tonight! Okay...

After our lunch, it was raining heavily. We had scheduled a jungle tracking expedition earlier but because of the rain we were thinking of canceling it. Mr. Amir said no though, and we went ahead with the jungle tracking in the rain. The jungle tracking expeditionwas more like a mountain climbing expedition as we had to climp up this very very extremly high hill. It was really nice though going out on an adventure such as that.

When we had to climb down the cliff halfway through, I slipped from the rope and mud of the mountain and I slided down the cliff. I was the fastest to get down the hill apparently and Mr. Amir and the rest took photos of me covered in mud. Darn you guys! Ahahah! But I did get injured a little bit after the slide. Both my arms had big scrathes and they were kind of stinging. Before I knew it, my hands were bleeding. But it was okay though, nothing serious.

When we finally finished jungle tracking, we went for a swim at the river as all of us were very dirty and sweaty. After washing up a little bit I went back to my cabin and was gonna rest a little bit there. When I was changing from my wet clothes, I found a leech on my leg and I accidently pulled it out when I was taking my socks off. Now my leg was bleeding as my hands which was like, ". . .".

Ben helped patch my wounds up later on when he got back from the river. It was really stingy and itchy. When night came we went to the hall to play some more games. The first is to present our group name and flag along with our cheer. My group called ourselves Power Mantis! Ahahahha! Cezalynn drew our flag and it looked so cute! Especially the picture of the power mantis ahhahaah! But I have to say I liked Nicholas's group name the most. They called themselves Cool Cool Charles. Try saying it really fast and you'll see why it's the funniest name out of all the groups ahhahaha!

After the cheer which was extremely entertaining, it was time for us to call it a day and sleep. Unfortunately for me, my roommates weren't sleeping until at least 4.00am but I'm use to the noise already after living with a brother who constantly has a night life.

This post is really long so I'll break it into 3 parts and this was the first part. Sorry people but I feel very tired to write it too long and I'm sure you guys would be tired to read the whole thing as well. So, this is the first day of the council camp! I'll post the other 2 parts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment