Friday, November 21, 2008

First thing to do during holiday!

Let me start off with my original holiday plans after the semester was over. At first, the plan was for the whole month of November, I would keep myself busy with some outings with a group of friends of mine all over the place. A few days after council camp, I went to watch James Bond with the "Kalumpang" group, which was a bit of a disappointment for me. I mean the movie, duh. It just didn't feel right to me and was a little bit draggy and stalling. After that the rest of them watched My Best Friend's Girl which I chose to sit out because I had already watched it like, months ago I think. Suzanne didn't want to watch it either so the two of us went window shopping all around 1U while waiting for the others to finish the movie.

Last Sunday, I went to watch Madagascar 2 with Han Sen and Jonathan which was really hilarious. Before the movie though, we were feeling a little bit hungry so we went to Carl's Jr. for lunch. During then, I sneaked a few of these chocolate cylinder tower desert things to celebrate Han Sen's birthday. He was so surprised by it he just kept on saying "Oh my gosh" and "Thank you!" nonstop. After that we went to watch the movie and I really enjoyed it. I like the movie, movie! Ahahaha! When the movie was done we went to look at some clothes all over Pyramid. Jonathan and I were discussing what to get Han Sen for a birthday present and he remembered that Han Sen was looking at these shoes the other day.

So, we took Han Sen to the shoe place and asked him to choose which shoes he wanted because we didn't know his size, unfortunately. Even more unfortunate for Han Sen, non of the shoes had his size. He was a size 8 and 9 but they only had size 6,7 and 10. We were thinking like it was as if God didn't want him to buy shoes. So instead we went to one of the clothes shops we went earlier and ask him to choose one. He really didn't want us to buy him a present but we told him if he didn't let us get him a present, we would tie him up and burn all of his clothes at his house so that he would have no choice but to let us buy him the clothes ahahaha! He gave in and let us pay for this shirt that he chose which was a little bit expensive but it was in our budget ahahaha!

After that, we went to look for a birthday present for Alexis as her birthday was on that day. Han sen's birthday was actually on the 20th but he was starting work on Monday so we took him out that day instead. Anyway back to the story, we were thinking of what to get for Alexis as a birthday present. Since we were in a clothes shop, we thought maybe get her a dress. Then we were imagining her in a dress which was like... we couldn't imagine it cause we never saw her in one before ahahah! Then we thought, "How about a skirt?". We tried to imagine her in a skirt, but we can only picture her in one of those working kind of skirts as we have seen her in those before ahahah.

After letting our imaginations run loose, we thought "Let's just go get her a book". Next was choosing a book for her. At first we wanted to get her one of those 'Photography for dummies' kind of books, but she already knows the basics of photography. So we tried to find an inspirational book instead. But we didn't know what book would inspire her in what way. So then we settled with getting her a story book instead.

A new problem arised from that. We didn't know which book she would want and which she already had. We spent two hours looking for the right book for her to read. After that we settled with Brinsinger but we didn't know if she had the first two books of the Eragon trilogy. So we bought her the set with the three books in hard cover. If she already had them, we were so screwed because the thing costs quite a lot. We got LP to chip in some $ to pay for it as well.

Then on Tuesday, the "Kalumpang" group and Jonathan went to Pyramid to celebrate Alexis's birthday. Even though were late by two days, still its better than nothing! I gave her the present that me, Han Sen, Jonathan and LP got her and thankfully she didn't have it yet so it was worth the cost. We went to watch Madagascar 2 because she and some of the other group members hadn't watched it yet. Even though it's the second time I watched it, it was still hilarious ahaaha! When that was done and deal, we went to have lunch at Wendy's and it was delicious. We got Alexis a brownie cake as her birthday cake and sang the birthday song for her there.

Everyone decided to go to college then to have some fun around the place. I went to take my results that day and boy, was that a mistake. My results were kind of disappointing and it made me go through depression the whole day. But Alexis cheered me up a little by playing some songs on the guitar and giving me a guitar lesson to take my mind off the disappointment. After that, she sent me home and I just went ahead and rest the whole day sleeping it off in my room.

And that was the end of my outings for now. There's still four more outings coming soon for November so I'll update you on those next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment