Saturday, September 6, 2008

Orientation Day

Hey everyone~
Well today started a bit... okay a lot early as I woke up at 4.30 in the morning and reached college at about 5.50. Unfortunately the college was still closed at that hour so I had to go and wait at McDonald's. Even though I was phasting... it was the only place with lights compared to the others and it also had some music on.

Over there, I spent my time reading the speech I had written for Orientation Day to present Ed Board. But after awhile I got bored, and so I played with this oh so cute kitty that looks just like the kitten JC drew for the IMC logo. The kitty was so spunky and playful, wish I could bring it home with me but my mom and sis would kill me if I do so.

Well after the college opened, I hung around until everyone had reached which was about... 7.40-8.00 I think? Anyway, after everyone reached INTIMA explained the speech order and that we were suppose to bring the new students out for a tour after their done listening to the speech from the VIPs and done with their briefing from each program. Me, JC, Shaza, Naomi, Ilyas and some other AUP students were such busy bodies, we crashed into the new AUP students briefing and introduce ourselves to them. When they were introducing themselves, we were being so "supportive" as we clapped for nearly everything. It was so funny and when it was our turn to introduce ourselves infront of everybody, we each told them to join our clubs and that the other clubs sucked! It was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. After the briefing was done, the new students went on a tour of the campus and I left to go back to the MPH to check if everything is prepared.

There were some technical dificulties with some of the other clubs slides, but they managed somehow. The new students finished their tour at about... well close to 12.00. As all the clubs were giving the speech, it was almost my turn to step up. Before that, they told me that I had to be quick because we're running out of time. So, I cut down my speech in order for it not to be too long. But when I got on stage, I messed up my speech as I was jumping from 1 point to another, and they told me time was up even though I was talking for like... 3 minutes I think. That was depressing =(

Oh well~ what's past has past. We can only move forward. After the speech me, Jared, Lavinia, Vivienne and Jillian went to the concourse to decorate the board. Unfortunately, Jillian had to leave early as she had something to do. So, with the 4 of us left, we finished the board in about...3 hours time if I'm not mistaken. It doesn't look too bad, but then again not too good either... so it was kinda okay for now. We'll have to wait until Ji Shyan looks at it and tries to improve it.

And so, to put it simple, Orientation Day didn't go so well for me. But that won't stop me from keep moving forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment