Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Editorial Board

Hey all~ as the title says, I think I should dedicate a post just for Ed Board =)

Well First off, we got a lot of new members who signed up from INTIMA Week! Yay~ But the amount of people who will actually be part of Ed Board is surely going to be little like I dunno maybe 4 or 6 new members at max? Hopefully I'm wrong but those are the figures we're looking if we compare with the previous semesters. It wouldn't kill if we had more manpower to do our stuffs but then again, even with only 9 of us in the club doing the work before, we manage to pull off a lot of incredible things that even I didn't expect we could do.

One of it being our INTI Insider newsletter that we did for everyone. Even with the limited manpower, we manage to make the newsletter possible for everyone to read. The 3rd issue of the newsletter is already out even though we had some complications in distributing it. In my opinion, this is our best 1 yet and the layouts are just awesome. Though LP really hated the front cover. He said he should have done it better but I think the front cover looks nice what =.=.

Anyway earlier I said we had problems distributing it. Well to tell you the truth, we released it without the approval from our supervising lecturer and the SAO/SSD. It completely slipped our minds as we were all working hard on getting the 3rd issue done by the due date. Because of this, we had to retract all of the newsletter issue 3 we distributed earlier until we write the apology letter for SAO/SSD. This pushed the 3rd issues debut back by 1 week and it was just killing us.

Oh well. You learn from your mistakes I guess. From that, we didn't want to take any chances with the 4th issue thats going to be release soon. So, we finished the 4th issue on the release of the 3rd issue of the newsletter and asked for the approval beforehand so that our designers can start working on the layouts. Alexis told us writers we should start writing for issue 5 like... NOW! I better start looking for stories soon eheh. Anyone got a good idea on what to write?

Besides the newsletter, we're also taking part in the CCS Mid Autumn Festival a.k.a Mooncake festival that's happening on the 23rd of September, which is on next Tuesday. We got 4 booths apparently and on the first 2 booths we'll be selling food for them but we're still discussing on what food we should do. Alexis said we should do like, homemade pizzas and sell each slice. Mmmm pizza... Yummy~ The other 2 booths, we'll be doing like a gaming station I guess. We'll be selling to the crowd time to play either the ps3 race game or the xbox fight game. Fun right? XD If your wondering where we got the ps3 and xbox, we have our own sugar daddy at campus bwahahahaha! Ahahaha just kidding~ Go rob LP if you want them!

Lastly, this coming Friday is the first general meeting for Ed Board and it's new members. We're all trying to think of some fun stuff to do for the ice-breaking session but we're still clueless. Well least I am ahaha. Have to start thinking on what would be a fun game to break the ice. I'm thinking of doing a game of charades. It'd be fun to play charades with people you may or may not know with. But I still need to check with everyone else whether or not it's a good idea.

Well, I guess thats all the updates and stories for Ed Board for now. I'll update something else real soon since I have a holiday tomorrow~ Until then, TTFN! Okay I watch way too much Winnie The Pooh last time =.=.

No comments:

Post a Comment