Thursday, September 24, 2009

Bye 'Atuk'!

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting. I lost the internet connection at my house and a lot of things have been happening since the holiday started last Friday. Today's post will be a little bit emo so for those who hate it when I write emotional stuff on my blog, you've been warned.

I found out last Friday that my grandfather, or 'atuk' as me, my siblings and my cousins like to call him, was sick. He had cancer, and my family and I didn't heard the news until Friday. He's been diagnosed with cancer for the past 6 months, and last week they told us he had only a few days left to live. We were all shocked by this piece of information.

When we went to visit him after hearing that last Friday, he looked so different, so sick. He couldn't walk, he couldn't talk, he couldn't move at all other than his fingers and toes. Even moving those were a struggle for him. I couldn't help myself but cry when I saw him like that.

I remembered the times when I would visit him often when I was little, with my dad, mom, brother and sister. We always had fun at his house. There was no sadness, no suffering, just happiness. I used to see my grandpa and grandma working n their garden, trying to grow some vegetables for themselves and flowers as well.

Then, I remembered playing in their house with my cousins. We were playing tag inside the house and our grandmother would be yelling at us, but grandpa was always the 'cool' one and joined in the fun with us. He always had a smile on his face, never showing any sadness. We played pirates, we played card games, and many more inside that house.

During Christmas, everyone would gather in grandpa and grandma's house to be together. I remember that they would always have the same small Christmas tree every year, but with different decorations on it. Below the tree would be our presents from them, which were always so nice.

When I was just a little boy, he would carry me around, going to places. He would introduce me to some of his friends. He would teach me things about the society that I didn't already know. He would help me with some of my homeworks in anyway he can. He would always be there whenever I needed comfort. I'll miss all of what he has been doing for me a lot...

Grandpa always had a smile on his face. He never showed sadness in front of anybody intentionally. He loved to make people laugh. He loved to joke around. He loved all of us equally, regardless of our sins or whatsoever. He loved making our faces smile whenever he can. He cared for his friends. He cared for his family. He was William Harry.

I can't hear your voice anymore. I can't feel your comforting hand anymore. I can't see your smile anymore. I can't smell the cologne you use to wear on you anymore. I can't taste anything that you cooked anymore. It saddens me for this to happen, but I know that a piece of you would always remain in our hearts.

You have touched our lives in so many ways. We grew so much from having your presence. You made us all happy, and we hope that we did the same for you. I shall say goodbye to you, without being sad, as I know that you wouldn't like it. Bye 'Atuk'!!! Take care on the other side and say hello to 'Papa' for me!!!

In loving memory of William Harry
A good husband,
A good Father,
A good Grandfather,
A good Friend.

2 comments:

  1. qisti dun feel too bad, live a life like him....
    happy with a smile on face always..
    take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I will.. A little bit hard but I'm trying to =)..

    ReplyDelete