Monday, September 7, 2009

New Old Hobby Revived!

Hey people,

Okay, don't worry I'm done with the emo posts for now hahaha! I was feeling too inspired during those times that I just couldn't help myself. Anyway, moving on to a newfound past time of mine. I've recently been feeling very interested in giving people massages again.

I use to like giving massages, even when I was little. I always watched how happy those people on tv or my family members and how relaxed they were whenever they got the massages. All their troubles and worries seemed to have washed away from them. It seemed as though it had some magical powers, my thoughts were back when I was little. And so I started getting interested in giving people massages, because I wanted everyone to be happy at the time.

But after awhile and a few chain of events, I had lost interest in giving and receiving massages. That is up until I started in INTI. Back then, I think it was Alexis who got me interested in giving people massages again. When she was massaging the stiff necks of others, as I watched her perform it, the magic from when I was little came back, little by little. Though, I still didn't like receiving massages, unless I completely trust that person.

Nowadays, I've really gotten interested in giving massages again. I even bought the oil for it. But unfortunately, I don't really have a practice dummy on which I can train myself in giving massages. I got Benjamin to help me out in practicing the neck and shoulder massage, but that is without using any oils. He still enjoyed it though hahaha! I'm gonna try and see if he wants to be my practice dummy for the other parts as well. Then I could at least improve my skills as a masseuse hahahaa!!

Besides Benjamin, honestly I don't really know who else would like to get free massages. Amos was my practice dummy before for the neck and shoulder and slight back as well. But now that he's not in INTI anymore, I can't practice on him anymore. Sad...

I've been watching a lot of online videos on different techniques for massaging, but it all seemed still too good for me. Some of them are simple, and I know how to do it. It's just the amount of power that I have to use on different people are different. So I'm not really sure if I'm doing it too soft or too hard. This is why I need more practice with this... Especially with using the oil for massaging. I still haven't used it on anyone besides myself, which was on my legs. It felt good, but not as good as someone else doing it for me.

Another problem if I wanted to practice using the oil on anyone would be location. I can't really do it in my room as I'm sharing it with my brother, and it's quite hard to find someone who stays around and would like to try it. I can stay over at the person's house I guess, but then it still depends on things like if the person is comfortable with it, and what day would it be as I have classes on every weekday. Probably the only free time I have is Saturday and Sunday.

Oh well, I guess I'll try my luck with asking some people like Benjamin. If I'm lucky, I could find someone who would let me try it all. We'll see how it goes. Okay, enough procrastinating. It's time to finish up some assignments and prepare for INTIMA Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment