Sunday, September 13, 2009

Fig & Olives at Sunway Pyramid

Restaurant Review Time!

It's that time of the week again! Time for me to review some stuffs that I can't really do on the INTI Insider because of all the sensorship the management of ICSJ gave me. Yes!!! Time for an eye scorching review of things you like, things you hate, things you don't even know about! This time, I'll be giving a review to the restaurant Fig & Olives, located at Sunway Pyramid.
I went there with Bentan, Sie Hui, and Susan to eat dinner because Tarbush was already full at the time. We all decided to eat at Fig & Olive at the recommendation of the information's desk. When we first got there, it looked so empty and we were wondering that if it's empty because the food wasn't good or what. Boy our questions were answered fast. The service there was kind of horrible. The waiters weren't exactly easy to call on. But they do give a service with a smile, even if they are ignorant towards their customers.

Next, the choices of the food. The food wasn't exactly spread out in variety. It was more focused on western food. Another thing I would like to complain is the menu. Their descriptions of what they have are horrible. Some don't even have descriptions. Like their specialty drinks. They just put the name of the drink and the prices which ranged from RM9.50-RM10.00 without even a description of what the drink really is as they changed the names of the drinks to their liking. We had to ask the waiter to know what we were ordering for our throats to hydrate on.

The food portion, I can't really complain on it much. It was quite big even if the prices are a little bit expensive. I'd say it's worth it as the food portion is enough to stuff you full. Not to mention that it tastes quite nice as well. But I would like to complain on their Sicilian Tuna Penne was that it wasn't spicy enough. I tried it with one bite from Sie Hui and I could tell straight away that it didn't feel spicy at all. It felt more like tomato ketchup from a bottle than a homemade chilli sauce.

Besides that, the atmosphere was nice I guess. But it can't win as a romantic date spot as there are no secluded or quiet tables around. More towards friends gathering and family lunch/dinner. Overall I think I'll give it a rating of 6 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment