Sunday, October 5, 2008

Busy Raya Open House!

Hey guys!

Today (Saturday) was a very busy day as I had some things that needed to be done and of course, the open house~! The day started at 8 in the morning as My sister and I woke up and got dressed and were waiting for my brother to pick us up. We went to the cemetery to visit the graves of my dad, aunt and grandmother. The atmosphere at the cemetery was like anyone would expect, gloomy and full of sorrow. It was just so hard to visit our dad's grave as we remembered the things we did together. My sister was in tears after a few minutes and I was closing in on the water works as well. As we payed our respect to our loved ones, we left to do some tasks our mom asked us to do.

The first task was to get some "Lemang" for the open house since it's known to be one of the most sought out Raya food of all. My brother seemed like he was an expert in the subject as he was inspecting all the "Lemang" stores on the roadside to see which are cooked and which aren't ready yet. My sister and I were making fun of him in the car as we saw how "expert" he was ahaha! The price was just crazy as it had risen to RM10-15 a tube. It used to be only RM6-8! We bought only 5 tubes this year and after that, we moved on to our next task!

Our next task was to buy syrup, oranges, "Kuah Kacang" and ice. We got the syrup and oranges easily, but the "Kuah Kacang" could not be located anywhere near our area. So we gave up on the search for "Kuah Kacang" which made us totally forgot to buy the ice! My mom told me that my stepdad already got the "Kuah Kacang" and "Satays" from his friend so one problem solved. The next one was the issue with the ice. I called Han Sen and asked what time would he be arriving and thank god he said that he'd be there early so i asked him to help me get some ice which he did. Thanks Han Sen!

The first people to arrive was Cezalyn and Han Sen at 1.30pm. After that the people just kept on coming as the rest of the gang reached as if they were lining up outside. The party was going along quite nice and Alexis even took some pictures of the day. Alexis! I want those pictures! We were all just goofing off and playing around at the time. But around 3.30pm, my stepdad's family came to visit him for awhile. Uh-oh. The house was already crowded enough with my friends so I had to call everyone to execute the evacuation plan!

We all hung out outside of the house and enjoyed the view there. Some of them even went out to the roof of the carpark just to play around. It was getting hot though, so the rest of them wanted to go down and see the lake up-close and personal. Alexis, JC, Kwok Liang and I decided to go to the roof instead to enjoy the view from way up there. We took the elevator to the 26th floor and then took the stairs to go out on the roof. To my utmost surprise, there was a 27th floor which I didn't even knew existed! It looks like a penthouse though so we didn't spend much time there and continued up. Sadly, the door to the roof was locked so we had to go all the way down again sob...

After that disappointment, we went down to join the others at the lake and just played around. We were all being cam whores and started making all kinds of poses in front of the camera. Alexis took most of those pictures and it was just so hilarious! Right after we took the group shot picture, it started to rain so we headed back up. My stepdad's relatives were still inside so we couldn't go in just yet. I went out with Alexis to buy some snacks and cards for everyone to play. Surprisingly, 7-11 doesn't sell those playing cards anymore as they said the stock was too little. So we had to go all the way to SS15 to get them.

When we got back, Alexis needed to go send JC and Suzanne already, so they left after dropping me off at the guardhouse. Thanks for the ride Alexis! When I got back up, even more people had arrived as my friends from high school came. I gave them the cards for them to play until we are allowed to go in and they were all playing the game "Bluff" which was so funny!

Finally, my stepdad's relatives were leaving so we were allowed to go inside the house already and right on time, Edison and his friends came. You guys are very good at timing! Shortly after, Nad arrived. The people who were playing "Bluff" stayed out for awhile to continue playing and the rest of us went in and eat while watching TV. After they finished the round, all of them transfered the game inside but then changed to another hilarious game which I'm not so sure what the name of it was. They were betting against each other using some of my old damage counter beads back when I was playing card games like pokemon and magic. Apparently, Aaron and Sandy cleaned out everyone else's beads.

When it was time to close the house, we all decided to move the party to Shaza's house since it's nearby. But at Shaza's place, we spent our time there singing and playing music with the piano and guitar which was like so fun and cool! We were singing our hearts out like we just don't care ahaha! Too bad Shaza and her family was going out for dinner. If not all of us would have continued singing all night long ahahah! We said our goodbyes there as I had to walk the opposite direction from the rest since they live either at the hostel in INTI or near there.

Today was a really fun day and it so cheered me up from this week! Thanks guys for coming to the open house and thanks for the gifts! And to all those who couldn't make it, thanks for the Raya wishes! Selamat Hari Raya to all of you and your families! Time for bed so, goodnight everyone~

6 comments:

  1. hello qisti. nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello qisti. kita dah buat kita punya blog. saya tak sabar nak jumpa qisti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Qisti...nice blog..this is Mr F...come and visit my blog when you are free!

    ReplyDelete