Friday, October 17, 2008

International Sajak Reading Competition!

Hey all!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted something and I give you my deepest apology. Ahaha! Thought I became very formal didn't you? Anyway I am sorry about not keeping the blog updated. It's kind of been a depressing week up until yesterday (Wednesday). But I won't bore you with the depressing details so let's get on with today's topic!

Now for those of you who don't know what "Sajak" is, basically it's a poem in Bahasa Melayu where you talk and show a lot of feelings and emotions as well as body language. The poem is usually accompanied by some music to give it that dramatic effect ahahah!



What we had to do was read the poem in a group and each group must have at least 1 international or local student to perform the poem with the rest of the members. I entered the competition with my 2 members Hoor (green dress) and Winna (white dress).


We were the only private college that was taking part in the competition which was kind of cool and intimidating at the same time. It was intimidating because the contestants from the local college and university students are suppose to be far better in sajak reading compared to private college students like us. And the fact that they had a lot of supporters didn't help much in our confidence. We had only 2 supporters who came to cheer us on which was Winni and Henry. Hey 2 is better then nothing!


As we were getting ready to go on stage, I felt a lot of butterflies flapping their wings inside my stomache. I had such a bad case of stage fright but I tried to overcome it with some relaxation techniques (like breathing as if your about to give birth ahahaha!). Although it was scary, I overcame my fears when I got on stage somehow and did the best that I could with it. I messed up a little bit on the last part though which was so sad sobz...


After that was done with, there were a lot of extra performances by the hosting university and some of them were just hilarious ahaha! After that they gave all the participants a trophy for participating in the competition. When it was over, the time had come to announced the winner of the competition. We were all thinking oh well we had fun, guess it might not be us. When suddenly...


We won third place!!! Wow! It was such an unexpected surprise! We couldn't believe it and neither could Mr. Amir hahaha! He was so proud of us getting a prize for our efforts.

After that, we inspect the trophys if they were real... Ahahahah!!! The picture suddenly turned out like that hahaha!

Here's us with our 6 trophies and our big check for RM250 hahahahaha!



Here we are again but this time with Mr. Amir! Yay the whole team's group shot!


We are the champions!!!


Look at all the trophies we own muahahahaah!!! Just kidding ahahahah! Anyway the competition ended around 11.45pm and we all got back to our houses at about, 1am++ I think? But most of us slept at around 2-3 as the excitement was too much ahahah! That's all for now folks~ Till next time~ Good morning/afternoon/evening/night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment