Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rapunzel Review

Time for another movie review! This time it will be on the movie 'Rapunzel' also known as 'Tangled'. The story is an adaption to the old classic story of Rapunzel, but with a modern twist to it. In the movie directed by Nathan Greno and Byron Howard, it tells a story of how the young baby princess who had received special healing powers from a golden flower through her hair, was kidnapped from the palace by an old selfish woman named Mother Gothel. Rapunzel was raised on an isolated tower, where the only world she had ever known was the inside of the tower and her 'mother', Gothel. Mother Gothel had forbade Rapunzel from ever leaving tower, saying that the outside world is dangerous. Rapunzel obediently followed her mother's wishes, until one day the infamous bandit Flynn Rider came into the tower by chance and turns Rapunzel's world upside down. As her 18th birthday is coming soon, Rapunzel decides that she would want nothing more than seeing the flying lanterns put out every year by the kingdom on her birthday. She sets out on an adventure with Flynn Rider as her guide to the world she never knew.



***SPOILER ALERT***

I have to say I enjoyed the movie quite a lot. It had a lot of quirks inside that was just hilarious to see. My favorite characters in the movie would be the horse and the chameleon. They're just so humorous! The horse thinks it is some type of blood hound or something and the chameleon is like a mafia boss hahha!

The songs inside the movie are very nice as well. My favorite songs from the movie are 'Healing Incantation' and 'I see the light'. They are both very beautiful songs, though I wish that the 'Healing Incantation' would be much longer than 40 seconds.

The voice cast of the movie I had to stay and see who it was and found no surprise that Mandy Moore was the voice of Rapunzel. However I was surprised to see that Zachary Levi was the voice of Flynn Rider. I didn't figure that the guy playing 'Chuck' would be the voice of Flynn Rider! It was definitely an unexpected surprise. And he did it very well. They both did an amazing job as the voice actors. Especially on the singing bits of the movie.

Storyline wise however I would say it is your typical average story. But there is a lot of humor in it. I would like to criticize that they didn't show much of Rapunzel's parents in the movie. Heck, they didn't have any voices at all! But the main focus of the story is on Rapunzel so I guess that is reasonable.

The movie is really good to watch, but not in 3D. There weren't really much 3D action within the movie that's worth the money. And for some reason it seemed a lot darker in 3D. I suggest going for the 2D version. Way more worth it. I give this movie a 4.0 out of 5 because I really liked it, especially the relationship between Flynn, the horse, and the chameleon. You guys should definitely watch this.

No comments:

Post a Comment