Monday, November 15, 2010

A brand new face and attitude!

Hey there people!

It's been ages since I sat down and wrote on the blog. Plenty of stories to tell all of you over the past 6 months. I'm sure you noticed that I changed the blog look. Just to let you guys know it's still under the changing process. Some of my widgets aren't functioning properly like before and some need to be updated. I'll do that once my finals are over next week. By the way those that aren't in the current friends list over to your right-side, please leave your links on the chatbox or on the comments for this post! I lost all of my friend's links after the blog makeover. Thanks in advance guys!

A lot has been happening over the past 6 months that I'm not sure where I should start... Oh! As of the beginning of August I had officially stepped down as the chairperson of Editorial Board. It's been one heck of a ride, but my time in INTI will be over by the end of this semester, which is next week. I passed the club down to Venetia as the new chairperson, as well as handpicked most of the new committee members for Editorial Board. I have high hopes for them to re-lite the fire in the club that was dwindling over the past few months. I think it's gonna be alright. So far I've been playing the role of advisor for the club after the handover, teaching all of them the ropes for one last time before I leave. Editorial Board has been my baby for almost my whole life in INTI. I hope to see it live on even when I'm no longer around.

So far they've made two issues of the newsletter since the handover. I'd have to admit I felt both glad and worried at the same time from seeing the newsletter that they produce. It wasn't like our past issues, that's for sure. But this is the first time that all of them are doing it without most of the senior core members so hopefully they'll spread their wings soon enough and fly with the newsletter up sky high.

On the plus side there seems to be a lot of new faces in the club which I'm happy for them. As they say, the more the merrier. Hopefully with the new semester next year they would be able to pull in more people to join the club.

I feel kind of sad and it was heartbreaking to say goodbye to the club, but life goes on. Our reign, the seniors, are over and it's now time for the juniors to step up to the plate. All I can say is good luck to all of you and strive on!

No comments:

Post a Comment