Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Relaxing Spa Day

Last Sunday I was thinking that it would be my working day and I would be finishing up all of my work that day. Turns out that I had a migraine that day which made me incapable of doing any assignments or work at all. So instead of pushing myself in doing things anyway with the migraine, I decided to take the whole day off. Relaxation spa!


First order of business, I tossed my handphone away for the whole day so that I wouldn't have to worry about anyone calling me regarding work or whatever. That was a good first step. I have always kept my handphone near me 24/7 like a prepared secretary who's waiting for an important call or something. This was a new development for me. I guess it would be for anyone nowadays since handphones have become such common practice that it's a necessity for doing anything. I can't imagine any college student who doesn't have a handphone.


After chucking the phone away, I played around with the laptop for awhile. I didn't play any games though, other than Restaurant City from facebook. The game is so addictive I can't seem to stop playing it. Besides that I was checking out some quizzes I found on facebook and started doing some of them. Then I thought, "Why don't I make on of those how well do you know me quiz?". So then I started working on my quiz which took around one hour to finish up. Reason being that it's 25 question and each question has about 5 possible answers. Then I made a challenge out of it for all of them. I posted a reward for anyone who can score 90% and above that I'd buy that person a Starbuck's Coffee. Any flavor, any size. Too bad no one scored higher than 68% ahaha! I even lowered the bar to 80% but no one succeeded yet. Oh well, offer still stands until Sunday.


When I finished writing the quiz, I chucked the laptop away and spent the rest of the day watching tv and listening to my MP3. It was so nice not having to worry about anything for a few hours. But alas, nothing lasts forever. When it was about 8.00pm I decided to check my handphone and there were a few missed calls and messages. Oh well, back to reality I guess.


I was going to start on my assignments already that night. Laptop prepared for research and suddenly! My internet connection died... So yeah, no research could be done so I couldn't do any of my assignments until Monday morning when I go to college and leech the WiFi. Since the internet connection was down, I decided to just listen to my MP3 until I slept and out like a light I was. Lesson learned. Never put off work when you have a stable internet connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment