Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Singapore Trip!

Hey people!!!

Okay, I know I've been so lazy to post things up on the blog and I have to apologize for that hahahaha! The holiday has made me become a very, very, VERY lazy person (even more so than I was before). Anyway, as most of you probably have known by now I went to Singapore last weekend to visit some old friends of mine. It was definitely a memorable trip I can tell you that hahahaha!

Okay, let's start from the beginning. Last Friday I went to Singapore by bus with my sister, aunt, and 2 cousins. The bus trip was okay I guess except for some noisy people upfront. I was seated away from my family all the way at the back row. The guy next to me brought his laptop to watch some movies on the bus. One time he was juggling between his laptop and his food that he almost dropped the laptop. Luckily he caught it in time or else he was going to pay for more than what he bargained for this trip.

I spent the whole bus trip reading on the book that I got from my sister's friend for my birthday. It was called "The Master of the Game" by Sidney Sheldon. It was a really, really good book to read and my praises and worships to the author. He really did his research before writing that book. I'll tell all of you more on that book on another post.

Anyways, when we reached Singapore, we headed for our hotel called the "Fragrance Crystal Hotel" in the Geylang area. My sister and aunt booked the place and didn't know that it was a red district area until I told them hahahahaha!!! FYI for those of you who don't know what red district means, basically it's where all the prostitutes work. Yes, you heard me hahahahahah!

We went for a fancy dinner at an Italian restaurant called Prego. It was seriously overpriced. Luckily, my sister's friend was buying dinner for all of us so we didn't have to spend a single penny for the food. I had the spinach for dinner and it was horrid. I literally threw up in my mouth. For being an Italian restaurant, it didn't really have that much pasta food selections. There were at least 3 birthdays being celebrated at the restaurant that night. Talk about coincidence huh?

The next day, I spent the whole day with my friends from Singapore. There was an Anime convention/festival going on and so they took me there. Some of them were cosplaying for the event and some were one of the organizers of the event. It was really quite an interesting event and I really enjoyed myself. I waited for them at the MRT station to go to the event. Elena told me to wait for her at 2.30pm. It was 2.50pm until I called her and she said she'd be there at 3. So I waited and saw Cass at the station with Makoto and Vincent. We were all waiting for Elena to show up. You see a lot of interesting people inside the MRT I tell you. There was a transvestite walking past us while we were waiting, and there was also a guy wearing only boxers with a fishing pole and another guy wearing a pink dress. Yeah, the image was burned into my brain.

Anyway, it was 3.30pm that time and Elena was still no where to be seen. So we all decided to just ditch her at the station and meet her at the event hahahaha!!! The ticket lines were quite long but we managed to get them faster than we anticipated. Elena showed up later on and didn't recognize me hahahaha! She thought Cassie's cousin was me and said "Wah! You changed a lot wei!" Hahahahah!!! There were a lot of people cosplaying at the event, and some of them I have to admit looked really hot and sexy. But some just ruined the image of the characters like this dude cosplaying as Roxas from Kingdom Hearts. He was not only overweight, but he had too much make-up on him. Yeah, that ruined the image of Roxas for me forever.

There was also a Moe Moe Cafe inside the hall where the waitresses dressed up really cute, like characters in anime that are wearing maid costumes. Unfortunately, the food costs a bomb from what I heard. Later on, we found Claude managing some of the artworks display during the event. We were all looking for Denise where she seemed to have been out of the radar of everyone. Elena was pissed that we couldn't find her. After a long search, we finally found her cosplaying. She was tired already from doing all sorts of posses while people took pictures of her. We were all feeling kind of parched later that day and decided to go and have a drink at Starbuck's Coffee. Over there, we met up with Ivan. He sort of reminded me of LP in a lot of ways. And we all had a shock of our lives later on when we found out that he was actually 28 years old when we thought that he looked 20 hahahaah!

After filling ourselves with some Starbucks, we went back to the event to get Claude and Denise's stuff to go out for dinner. There were two groups going for dinner, us and the cosplayers. Denise and Claude went to have dinner with the cosplayers while the rest of us went for dinner at Just Asia. It took quite awhile for us to get a table inside that place, but we managed to eventually. The food wasn't that bad I guess. Something like what you can find in Asia Cafe.

After that we all cam-whored at the Christmas tree outside the building. It took quite some time as Ivan was trying to be a perfectionist in taking the photo hahahahah! Elena got fed up waiting and she just used her DSLR and cam-whored herself hahahaha!!!

When we finished cam-whoring, we went to the station and said our goodbyes. On my way back to the hotel, a prostitute approached me and asked me to hire her. I kept saying no thanks but she kept persisting. She was about 30-40 years old I think. Then when she wouldn't give up, I said "Sorry I'm gay." and I thought that was going to stop her. She then responds with "Oh, I can go both ways." Yeah, let's just end the story there HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

On Sunday, my sister, cousin and I went out for breakfast while my aunt and other cousin stayed over at a relative's house. The taxi drivers are really nice over there. Anyways, we ate at a Singaporean version of a Mamak store. It wasn't that bad really. Afterwards we went and shopped at a flea market nearby. Prices were just dirt cheap at the time hahahah! Afterwards we went to the station and waited for the bus to go home. And that was about it for the Singapore trip. It was really quite interesting, especially the prostitute part HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Till next time people!

5 comments:

  1. haha I spent quite some time to finish reading it.

    Jerusha will say finally u admitted!! XD
    prostitutes are scary...
    Glad you really had fun in singapore... I didn't have much fun the last time I visit..

    Ey stop playing the online game and start doing something useful lah....
    find a life!
    i heard from sze hui xD haha

    ey I got my visa already !
    x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how would the prostitute respond if you say "I got STD".... hahaha

    The transvestite part & the maid cafe part sound so much like Tokyo... You'll know of the detail after LP update his blog (He said he'll blog about it after he uh... "settled down")

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Amos: Hahahaah yeah la what to do.. was forced to a corner ToT..... Lol yeah I enjoyed myself. O.o how come not much fun? Ehhhh excuse me~~ Tell her to get a life outside the office also hahahah! I had nothing else to do leee holiday so long damn bored... XD Oooo congrats on getting your visa =3 You're a legal imigration in US now! LOL!

    @ Fang-Yin: LOL Ehhh yeah la I should have said that! Hahahah!!! =,= Tokyo????? Lol.... he's been saying that he would update the blog for how many months already hahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ey not imigration lah please... i study there only..

    ReplyDelete