Saturday, December 5, 2009

Master of the Game

Hey all~

As promised awhile back, I'd tell you a little about the book I read during the Singapore trip called Master of the Game by Sydney Sheldon.



The book is really interesting as it tells the story of how greed can consume a family for generations. I was blown away by how the author wrote the book. He did his research very thoroughly as most of the places, if not all of them in the book actually exists and they are all real life happening events.

When I first started reading the Prologue, I thought "Hmm seems kind of sweet." I kept on reading until it was around chapter 2 or 3 of the book that I got to see the element of surprise the author is famous for. How the story then got so twisted and how it portrays the essence of humanity.

The book's most obvious life lesson that the author wanted to relay to the readers was that money isn't everything. Just because someone is rich, doesn't mean that they are happy. The saying that blood is thicker than water so needs to be reconsidered after reading the book. I find the book very... eye-opening.

I highly recommend you guys to read this as it really is a good book. It not only has a great story, but it also provides us with little bits and pieces of interesting history. Gave it a rating of 4 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment